EMPLOYING AN APPRENTICE
- 77% of employers believe apprenticeships make them more competitive.
- 80% feel that apprenticeships reduce staff turnover.
The Advanced Creative Apprenticeship Standard is a level 3 programme combining work place learning with ‘off the Job Training’ while being employed to do a specific job role. Apprentices are placed within industry-specific companies, while also receiving relevant training and support with boomsatsuma.
The purpose of the apprenticeship is to equip young people with the real-world experience and training needed to succeed in the creative industries and to be an invaluable asset to your business. The two types of apprenticeships boomsatsuma offer are Digital Marketing for the Creative Industries and Junior Content Production.
We are looking for employers within the creative industries to recruit our apprentices, design and collaborate on a bespoke training programme which will add value to your organisation now and for the future.
Hiring an apprentice is an inexpensive solution to finding young and able support staff for your team; we prepare them for roles such as runners, marketing & web assistants, promoters, PA’s and creatives etc. They have been and will continue to be trained in very specific skills relevant to the latest industry standards.
Funding for Employers
The Apprenticeship Levy
The new Apprenticeship Levy being introduced from April 2017 is designed to encourage employers to embrace apprenticeships as a way of meeting their current and future skills needs. It will fund the government’s ambition to support 3 million high quality apprenticeships by 2020.
All employers in the UK with a payroll bill greater than £3m per year will have to pay the levy and will be charged at 0.5% of payroll. The Levy will fund ‘digital training vouchers’ for apprentices allocated to employers to fund apprenticeship training (and cannot be used for wages, standards development, training materials or course content)
Non Levy Employers (under £3m payroll)
• Employers not subject to the Levy (with paye bills under £3m) are entitled to 90% of their Apprenticeship training costs paid
• Employers / SME’s with under 50 employees can have all their training costs paid in full if the apprentice is aged 16-18.
• Employers / SME’s with under 50 employees pay 10% of the training costs for apprentices aged 19+. This cost is £900 for the Creative Standards offered by Big Creative Training towards the £9000 overall cost of training & assessment.
Additional Benefits and grants
Employers will receive an additional £1000 when they employ a 16-18 y/o apprentices to pay towards the extra support younger apprentices need.
Whether you are a small or large employer, subject to the Levy or not, changes to funding can represent opportunities to grow your workforce through apprenticeships with boomsatsuma.
Want to help fuel the next creative generation?
If you have any questions regarding our apprenticeships and what it means to employ an apprentice, contact email@example.com