We are a busy and growing creative company in central Bristol and are looking for a full time Office Administrator. We’re located at the Engine Shed as part of Bristol’s Creative Quarter, right next to Temple Meads station. The person we’re looking for is a super-efficient administrator able to juggle a complex work load supporting both boomsatsuma Creative CIC and boomsatsuma Education Ltd.
In this role you will support a growing portfolio of projects including the roll out of our successful Post-16 Media Production courses and the start of our new Professional Acting Diploma. Alongside this, we have our growing film production strand that sees commissions from businesses and the pubic sector as well as our well respected arts grant funded projects.
The role will include...
• Creating and managing systems to ensure the smooth running of our office
• Developing and maintaining filing systems and ordering office supplies
• Managing correspondence by email and phone
• Assist in planning and arranging events
• Drafting, formatting, and printing documents
• Creating agendas, preparing board updates and minute taking
• Maintaining records of employee holiday requests
• Reviewing company policies and procedures
• Issuing template contracts and letter agreements
• Maintaining the functioning of the office ICT
• Recording expenditure, expenses and managing budgets
• Keeping cash flow forecasts up to date
• Raising invoices and payroll using Sage One
• Producing management accounts
• Setting up systems for boomsatsuma Education courses
• Managing admissions and maintaining databases of students on roll
• Working with teaching staff to enter students for qualifications
• Supporting marketing and communications activity as required.
We are seeking someone to join our team that is...
• An excellent team player
• Adept at working in a busy and sometimes unpredictable creative environment
• Able to juggle multi strand work flows
• Knowledgeable of basic budget management
• Competent with the Apple Mac OS
• Self-reliant and able to prioritise work flow
• Has a good working knowledge of Excel
• Has an excellent standard of written English
• A great communicator
It is also desirable for applications to have a knowledge of Sage One accounts systems and experience working in either the arts or education sectors.
• Starting salary of £23k
• 26 days holiday a year (including a Christmas shut down) plus bank holidays
• 37.5 hour week. 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
• Auto enrolment in the company pension scheme with 1% employer contribution, rising to 2% in June 2018.
If you are interested in this role, forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 27th March
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo enhanced DBS checks.