work with us.
Part-time English Teacher Hours: 0.5 permanent contract (18.75 hours)
Days: Wednesday (half-day), Thursday, Friday
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (dependent on experience) per annum (pro rata for 0.5 post)
Interview date: TBC
Start: January 2023
boomsatsuma is an independent education provider in Bristol offering L3 extended diplomas in Digital Media Production, Games, VR and VFX, Film and Television and Sports Media Production. The diplomas provide the highest quality post-16 creative training to students from across the West of England.
Teaching is led by real practitioners dedicated to their fields and to the creative learning and development of their students. In order to provide the highest quality provision for our students, we’re looking for a supportive and inspiring part-time English teacher to deliver English lessons across boomsatsuma. boomsatsuma strives to achieve the best possible outcomes for their students. Therefore, the resit classes are desirably small (8-9 students per class) and firmly embedded into the students’ timetables with full support from the teaching team.
• Hold QTS or a relevant qualification
• Have an excellent understanding of the current AQA GCSE & Functional Skills specifications
• Be an excellent communicator with the ability to motivate and engage students in your subject
• Be used to planning and consistently delivering high-quality lessons and marking
• Excellent time management and organisation skills to timetable and monitor the English provision at boomsatsuma.
• Establish high expectations for attainment and behaviour in the classroom
• Be flexible and versatile in their approach.
• Be willing to travel across our different centres in Bristol
• Manage and deliver English teaching across the boomsatsuma sites, inclusive of the GCSE and Functional Skills curriculum.
• Oversee the management of the English and Maths resit process
• Manage the organisation and collation of exam entries
• Liaise with teachers, students and parents regarding attendance
• Work with the Attendance and Engagement Coordinator and SENCO to support students with barriers or additional needs
• Work towards resit examinations across the academic year - with necessary data tracking and reporting
By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a cover letter.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a full application form.
boomsatsuma has a clear vision to be an organisation where a diverse mix of talented people want to work and learn. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and understand that diversity inspires progress and innovation.
boomsatsuma is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS and two satisfactory references. The person undertaking this role is expected to work within the policies, ethos and aims of boomsatsuma and CLF, and to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Directors.The above responsibilities are subject to the general duties and responsibilities contained in the Staff Handbook.The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post or level of responsibility entailed. The post holder will be subject to performance objectives agreed annually with your line manager and these objectives will be reviewed annually.